Why attend the SETAC Europe Annual Meeting?
- The SETAC Europe Annual Meeting is Europe’s biggest meeting on environmental toxicology and chemistry.
- Expand your network, get in touch with more than 2000 scientists from Europe and the rest of the world attending the meeting.
- Meet representatives from academia, business and government.
- Get updated on the latest research results and scientific opinions.
- All major topics on environmental sciences presented in 8 parallel sessions.
- An exhibition with representatives from the major European and National Environmental Consultancy firms, testing laboratories, research labs etc.
- An exciting social programme.
The theme spotlights sustainability at a time when world leaders will be gathering in Rio de Janeiro to address the issue globally.
SETAC’s focus will be on integrating different views and disciplines, on balancing the conflicting interests of stakeholders and on addressing societal needs of the future. The goal is to develop a sustainability management framework with tools that have a positive impact on the global environment. While solutions may differ in different parts of the world, the theories behind credible solutions are global. "Think globally - act locally" will recapture its relevance at a time when urgent solutions are needed.
The 21st century demands a broader approach to sustainability, one that draws on the best of the range of environmental sciences and practices found in SETAC. The Berlin Congress will provide the ideal venue for developing a broad and credible SETAC statement on sustainability (the "Berlin Declaration on Sustainability") and for establishing a sound theoretical approach that leads to tangible results and contributes to the global Rio-plus-20 process and beyond.