Info for session chairs
To inform session (co-)chairs on the organisation of the congress and the expectations towards them, their attention to the following important items is kindly requested:
- Please note that the fact that a session is included in the call for abstracts DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE SESSION WILL BE PROGRAMMED AT THE ANNUAL MEETING. Depending on the number of abstracts received, the Scientific Committee will decide to accept, merge or cancel the session. The online abstract submission system will open 4 October 2011. The deadline for abstract submission will be 30 November 2011. The decision of the Scientific Committee on the final sessions will be announced end of December 2011.
- If a session proposal results in a session at the Annual Meeting, the session organisers will be invited to chair this session at the meeting. If session proposals are merged, the main chairs from both original sessions will be asked to chair the merged session.
- Session organisers may actively solicit for submission of papers among colleagues. They will be asked to pre-review both the solicited and non-solicited papers submitted to the proposed topic, and propose a session programme (including platform and poster presentations) to the Scientific Committee. The Scientific Committee, in consultation with the session organisers, will set up the final programme.
- The total number and the quality of the individual abstracts received for a session will define the length of the session (1, 2 or occasionally 3 blocks of 105 min each). Moreover, it may happen that the session will be merged or cancelled if only a limited number of abstracts will be received.
- SETAC never grants free registrations to presenters. All presenters MUST REGISTER for the meeting and pay the applicable REGISTRATION FEES.
- All abstracts MUST be submitted via the online abstract submission system (which will open 4 October 2011). The deadline for abstract submission will be 30 November 2011. Abstracts submitted after that date will NOT be taken into consideration. Note that people submitting an abstract for a platform presentation, will be asked to submit an extended abstract of 2 pages.
- In case a session is accepted, session organisers will be asked to perform a review of the abstracts by 13 January 2012 and to organise their session by selecting papers for platform, poster highlight, poster corner and poster presentations.
- The role of a Session Chair at the meeting is to give a short introduction at the start of the session, chair the session according the general guidelines (will be available in April 2012) and give a short summary of the presentations at the end of the session.
- Also, you will be asked to provide a short written summary at the end of your session, to be used for a general summary pointing out the highlights of the meeting presented at the closing ceremony by the Scientific Committee.
- Note that session organisers / chairs are collaborating on a voluntary basis, their efforts are strongly appreciated and publicly recognised. The work does not include a free registration nor any other financial compensation.
Find here the review instructions.